Bulgaria will ask EC to Drop Restrictive Measures for High-biosecurity Facilities in Varna
Varna. Veterinary experts in infectious diseases from the European Commission are in Bulgaria following an invitation to assist in the fight against African swine fever, the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency (BFSA) said.
At a meeting with the EC experts and BFSA today, pig farmers raised several issues, including the lack of capacity in the Varna region and the need to export local pigs to the nearest certified slaughterhouses in other areas of the country, as well as the operations in Varna of a major pork producer.
Regarding yesterday’s decision of the EC to impose restrictive measures on the movement of pigs and produce in the Varna region, BFSA will insist before the Commission that these restrictive measures be dropped for certain facilities of high biosecurity in the region.
Focus News Agency
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases on July 7, 5914 Total
- » Bulgaria: A Fifth Pastor Died of COVID-19 After a Meeting in Perushtitsa
- » Bulgarian Team Close to Finding a Treatment for COVID-19
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 63 New Cases on July 6, 5740 Total
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total