He explained that the man had inflammation of the brain - a complication that occurs in about one percent of the infected. The virus is transmitted by mosquitoes. Last week, another case of West Nile fever was reported. Awopman was infected, but she did not develop complications.
Human Case of West Nile Fever Reported in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
A man from Plovdiv is infected with West Nile fever, Professor Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Contagious and Parasitic Diseases told BNT on 3rd of September.
- » For the First Time: Sofia Will Host a World Meeting of Child Cardiologists and Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- » Snake Bites Boom in the Beginning of the Summer
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » VMA Will Held Free Lyme Disease Tests
- » A New Boom of Lyme Disease Within a Month
- » Attention: Dangerous Weight Loss Pills