He explained that the man had inflammation of the brain - a complication that occurs in about one percent of the infected. The virus is transmitted by mosquitoes. Last week, another case of West Nile fever was reported. Awopman was infected, but she did not develop complications.
Human Case of West Nile Fever Reported in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
A man from Plovdiv is infected with West Nile fever, Professor Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Contagious and Parasitic Diseases told BNT on 3rd of September.
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boars in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Lack of Staff is the most Serious Problem in Health Care
- » Increase of Salaries of Healthcare Professionals in Sofia' Emergency Hospital "Pirogov"
- » The Number of Surgeries in Bulgaria is Growing
- » Survey: Almost 1.4 million People in the EU Will Become Cancer Victims in 2019
- » Measles Cases in Bulgaria Reach 124