Bulgaria Invites Russia, Belarus to Overhaul Su-25s
The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence (MoD) on 21 August published a tender inviting Russian and Belarusian state-owned companies to negotiate a framework agreement valid for 48 months to overhaul the Bulgarian Air Force's (BuAF's) Su-25 close air support aircraft in 2019-22.
The invitations were sent to Russia's United Aircraft Corporation and to Belarus's 558 Aircraft Repair Plant. These state-controlled entities were identified by the MoD as capable of providing maintenance and lifecycle extension services for the BuAF's fleet of 10 single-seat Su-25Ks, four twin-seat Su-25UBKs, and their 28 R-95Sh turbofan engines.
The two companies were invited to provide their initial bids by 10 September, with negotiations scheduled to take place in Sofia two days later.
Read more here
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Head of National Service for Protection Krasimir Stanchev Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment