PARLIAMENT WITH DECLARATION AGAINST TERRORISM
Politics | September 12, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00
The session of the Bulgarian National Assembly began with one-minute silence that honored the memory of the victims of the terrorist attack in the United States. The Bulgarian National Assembly voted a declaration on the terrorist assaults in the United States. The text of the declaration was accepted with 192 votes in favor and 2 abstaining. In the declaration adopted in connection with the terrorist acts in the U.S, the Bulgarian National Assembly proposed to UN to declare September 11 as World Day of the Victims of Terrorism. `The National Assembly condemns sharply and categorically the terrorist acts and considers them as an open aggression against modern civilization,` the document said. Yavor Milushev and Danail Vulchev, MPs from the Simeon II Parliament Group, Dimitur Abadzhiev MP from UDF, Sergey Stanishev, MP from Coalition `For Bulgaria`, and Lyutfi Mestan, MP from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms wrote the text of the declaration.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Denkov confirmed that WCC-DB's Negotiations with GERB are Resuming
- » Bulgaria: Borissov refuses to Give Up his Immunity Voluntarily
- » Bulgaria: Pro-EU Protest against the President with chants “This is Not Moscow”
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office requested the Immunity of Boyko Borissov for Money Laundering
- » Adviser to a Bulgarian PM leaked Classified Information to a citizen of North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court denied Asylum to an opponent of Putin: “There is No Danger for him in Russia”