Afghan Taliban Kidnap Dozens of Bus Passengers
About 150 people are reported to have been kidnapped after Taliban militants launched an ambush on three buses in northern Afghanistan.
A Taliban spokesman said they were targeting security forces travelling on the buses, adding the civilians would be released.
It comes a day after the government offered a conditional ceasefire.
President Ashraf Ghani said it would come into effect on Monday if the Taliban accepted.
It is currently unclear what the group has decided - although it did say it would release "hundreds" of "enemy prisoners" to mark the start of the Islamic Eid al-Adha holiday.
- » 100 Days Before European Elections
- » FYROM is Officially Renamed North Macedonia
- » North Korea Continues to Make More Nuclear Bombs
- » Greece to Vote on Constitutional Revision This Week
- » Bulgaria 13th Among the most Peaceful Countries in the World
- » Donald Trump and China's Xi Won't Talk Before Trade Deadline