Afghan Taliban Kidnap Dozens of Bus Passengers
About 150 people are reported to have been kidnapped after Taliban militants launched an ambush on three buses in northern Afghanistan.
A Taliban spokesman said they were targeting security forces travelling on the buses, adding the civilians would be released.
It comes a day after the government offered a conditional ceasefire.
President Ashraf Ghani said it would come into effect on Monday if the Taliban accepted.
It is currently unclear what the group has decided - although it did say it would release "hundreds" of "enemy prisoners" to mark the start of the Islamic Eid al-Adha holiday.
- » Greece Will Ask the EU to Impose Sanctions on Turkey
- » Plane Blew Tires upon Landing at US Airport
- » Boris Johnson Remains the Favourite for May’s Position
- » Tourism in Sri Lanka Revives after the Bomb Attacks
- » Macron: The EU Sides with Cyprus in the Dispute with Turkey
- » Preserved Head of a 40,000-year-old Wolf was Discovered in Siberia