Afghan Taliban Kidnap Dozens of Bus Passengers
About 150 people are reported to have been kidnapped after Taliban militants launched an ambush on three buses in northern Afghanistan.
A Taliban spokesman said they were targeting security forces travelling on the buses, adding the civilians would be released.
It comes a day after the government offered a conditional ceasefire.
President Ashraf Ghani said it would come into effect on Monday if the Taliban accepted.
It is currently unclear what the group has decided - although it did say it would release "hundreds" of "enemy prisoners" to mark the start of the Islamic Eid al-Adha holiday.
- » Google Announces Cards, Discovery tools, Revamped Image Search at 20th Anniversary Event
- » 29 Killed in Attack on Iranian Military Parade
- » Japan Space Robots Start Asteroid Survey
- » France's Le Pen Ordered to Undergo Psychiatric Tests over IS Tweets
- » Five Million Children Risk Famine in War-torn Yemen
- » Satellite Net Developed in the UK Collects Space Junk for the First Time