Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
Burgas. For this summer season we expect tourism growth of 5%, said Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova, who is in Burgas to attend a round table discussion on a project for 12 wine-culinary destinations, Focus Radio – Burgasreported. The Ministry of Tourism aims to turn Bulgaria into a well-known year-round destination and therefore the use of its potential is of great importance, the minister commented.
“It is now the peak season, Burgas is one of the regions that are seeing growth. From January to June, the number of people who have stayed in accommodation establishments with more than 10 bed places is 480 thousand, which is a 10% higher than last year, we have more than 2.4 million overnight stays,” Angelkova said.
She further said that according to statistics, in the last two years exclusively 4- and 5-star hotels were booked, which shows that Bulgaria is recognised as a destination that offers a high quality product. Hopefully, bad weather did not put off tourists who chose Bulgaria as their summer destination, she commented.
FOCUS News Agency
- » Bulgaria to Launch Campaign to Attract Chinese Tourists, Says Bulgarian Tourism Minister
- » According to a New Ranking Europe's least Relaxing City is Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: 11% of Employed in Bulgaria Work in Tourism
- » UNESCO has Included Nesebar on its New Travel Site
- » Jet2 Increases Flights to Bulgaria
- » Tourism Minister: For the First Half of 2018, we have over EUR 1.3 Billion in Revenue, 9.7% more than Last Year