Australian Oil and Gas Enters Bulgaria, Buys Offshore Block Stake from Shell
Woodside said on Wednesday that it had entered the farm-in agreement with Shell to buy a 30% non-operated participating interest in Block 1-14 Khan Kubrat
The block is located within the continental shelf and exclusive economic zone of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Black Sea.
“This opportunity targets an emerging oil and gas province close to existing infrastructure and markets,” Woodside said.
Planning is in progress to drill an exploration well in Q2 2019.
Woodside on July 24, incorporated Woodside Energy (Bulgaria) Limited – a wholly owned subsidiary incorporated in England and Wales.
The Shell transaction is subject to satisfaction of conditions precedent.
- » Within the Balkan Gas Hub, Bulgaria will also Build a Gas Exchange
- » Electricity and Heating Prices in Bulgaria Remain Unchanged Until the End of Heating Season
- » Energy Minister on the Main Role of the Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » EU Clears State Aid Greece and Bulgaria Natural Gas Interconnector
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet Approved Procedure with 9 Stages for Selection of Investor in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Expects Azeri Gas to Cover 30% of its Needs from 2020