Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
Sofia. If the weather remains hot, we will have a good grape harvest, Krasimir Koev, Executive Director of the Executive Agency on Vine and Wine, said in an interview with Focus News Agency.
“This year we have had excessive rainfalls preceded by hailstorms. This had a negative impact on grapevines and flowering was delayed. Subsequently, it also affected the fruit set. Now the weather conditions have normalised, the temperatures are high. We have 20 days until the peak of the grape harvest, and if the weather remains hot, it will promote sugar accumulation and we will have a good harvest of grapes,” Koev said. "The hailstorms in May and June, however, damaged quite a lot of vineyards across the country, some vine growers lost their harvest, while others will yield grapes of poor quality," he commented. Overall, wine makers expect less in quantity, but, hopefully, high quality production, said he.
- » Cloudy Skies Today, Snow and Rain in Some Areas
- » Snow and Icy Roads in the High Parts of Bulgaria
- » Two Strong Earthquakes Were Recorded Today in the Ionian Sea
- » It Will Remain Considerably Cloudy Today, with Light Rain
- » First Snow in Some Places Around Bulgaria Over the Weekend
- » Death Toll Climbs to 48 in California's Most Lethal Wildfire Disaster