Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
Sofia. If the weather remains hot, we will have a good grape harvest, Krasimir Koev, Executive Director of the Executive Agency on Vine and Wine, said in an interview with Focus News Agency.
“This year we have had excessive rainfalls preceded by hailstorms. This had a negative impact on grapevines and flowering was delayed. Subsequently, it also affected the fruit set. Now the weather conditions have normalised, the temperatures are high. We have 20 days until the peak of the grape harvest, and if the weather remains hot, it will promote sugar accumulation and we will have a good harvest of grapes,” Koev said. "The hailstorms in May and June, however, damaged quite a lot of vineyards across the country, some vine growers lost their harvest, while others will yield grapes of poor quality," he commented. Overall, wine makers expect less in quantity, but, hopefully, high quality production, said he.
- » Sunny Weather with Highs of 25-30°C
- » Sunny Weather Today, with some Clouds Increasing, highs between 24°C and 29°C
- » Astronomical Fall Comes with Chilly Weather and Rain
- » Air Pollution Linked to Higher Risk of Dementia
- » Sunny Weather with up to 24-29°C in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Temperature Highs between 23°C and 28°C