Seven out of Ten Children in Bulgaria are Victims of Violence in their Families
Seven out of ten children in Bulgaria are victims of violence in their families. 60% of this violence is due to parents' claims to their behavior and assessments at school. The data is from a study conducted by the Syndicate of Bulgarian Teachers and Interior Ministry, FOCUS reports.
The chairman of the teachers' union, Yanka Takeva, explained that one of the main problems is that parents do not accept the way their children relate to learning. Violence at home was also transferred to teachers.
"45% of the teachers suffer violence from parents, about 2/3 of the teachers have been subjected to different types of pressure," Takeva also said.
- » Massive 5.2 Earthquake Hits the Dominican Republic
- » 'Fat' traces confirm weird fossils were earliest animals
- » Ghana Flooding Kills 34 During Heavy Rains
- » Toll Jumps to 29 in Central Philippine Landslide
- » Tornado Batters Area near Canadian Capital of Ottawa
- » Captain Arrested in Tanzania Ferry Disaster as Death Toll Climbs to 209