Seven out of Ten Children in Bulgaria are Victims of Violence in their Families
Seven out of ten children in Bulgaria are victims of violence in their families. 60% of this violence is due to parents' claims to their behavior and assessments at school. The data is from a study conducted by the Syndicate of Bulgarian Teachers and Interior Ministry, FOCUS reports.
The chairman of the teachers' union, Yanka Takeva, explained that one of the main problems is that parents do not accept the way their children relate to learning. Violence at home was also transferred to teachers.
"45% of the teachers suffer violence from parents, about 2/3 of the teachers have been subjected to different types of pressure," Takeva also said.
- » Hockney Painting Breaks Auction Record For Living Artist
- » Cloudy Skies Today, Snow and Rain in Some Areas
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Tolerance
- » Snow and Icy Roads in the High Parts of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ministry of Education Starts to Train Religious Education Teachers
- » Hockney Sells for USD 90 Million, Sets Living Artist Record