Europe's All-time Heat Record Could Fall this Weekend
A building heat wave in Portugal and Spain threatens to topple national and all-time high temperature records in a continuation of a series of remarkable heat waves that have roasted the Northern Hemisphere this summer.
The big picture: The heat wave will be most intense in Portugal, Spain and parts of France, although the U.K. will also see above average temperatures for this time of year. In Spain and Portugal, the fire danger will climb to dangerous levels as temperatures soar, humidity levels plunge, and downslope winds increase.
- » Coal-fired Power Plants of the Western Balkans Cost Bulgaria up to EUR 700m a Year
- » March with Temperatures and Rainfall in the Norms, Predict Weather Forecasts
- » Dangerously Dirty Air in the Big Cities in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather, Maximum Temperatures Between 11°C and 16°C
- » Mostly Sunshine Today in Bulgaria, Warm Day with Highs between 13-18°C
- » 14 Tonnes of Toxic Waste Dumped in the Yana Station Area in Sofia - is there a Danger to People?