Bulgaria in the Top Six in the World When it Comes to Alcohol Consumption
SOFIA, BULGARIA - "Capital" reports that, according to the International Organization of Wine and Spirits Record (IWSR), Bulgaria is among the top six in the world for consumption of spirits per capita, as the statistics also include domestic production.
Beyond that, growth in the economy leads to more expensive drinks: the bright market grows by 6.6% in last year's value and exceeded BGN 700 million. In terms of quantity, the jump is moderate - 5.9%, but half of the quantity is actually wine - BGN 155 million and 32 million liters.
Every Bulgarian over 18 years drinks 14 liters of alcohol per year. In addition, Bulgaria is one of the countries with the lowest prices and the lowest excise duty on alcohol, and also, with solid domestic production. Homemade boiled brandy /called rakia/ accounts for 60% of the consumption. Expected Bulgarians mostly drink wine and rakia.
Source: EU Scoop
- » Robert Downey Junior Returns as Iron Man
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning