Over 29,000 Iranians Visited Bulgaria in 2017
TEHRAN – More than 29,000 Iranian nationals visited Bulgaria during 2017, the Bulgarian ambassador to Tehran has said.
Over 29,000 Iranians applied for Bulgarian visas last year; some 95 percent of whom requested for tourist visas, Mehr quoted Christo Polendakov as saying on Tuesday.
That was while Iran just hosted roughly one thousand people from the southeastern European state, the report added.
The number of Iranian travelers [visiting Bulgaria so far] this year is nearly the same as it was last year, Polendakov added.
PHOTO: Bulgarian Ambassador Christo Polendakov speaks at the Mehr news agency in Tehran, July 23, 2018.
- » More than 150 Passengers Stuck at Sofia Airport for 12 hours
- » The Biggest History Park in the World Opens in Bulgaria, Near Varna in the Spring (Photos)
- » Bulgarian Mayors Set up Tourism Management Organisation for Rose Valley Region
- » Airbnb Will Pay 4 People to Live Amongst Locals in a Remote Italian Village for 3 Whole Months
- » 4 Flights From Sofia Airport to Frankfurt and Hamburg Are Canceled Due to the Strikes
- » Daily Mail: Sunny Beach in Bulgaria Sees off Marmaris and the Algarve to be Named the Best Value Tourist Hot Spot for Brits in 2019