Wizz Air Reported over 1 Million Passengers to Varna for a Year
Wizz Air low-cost air carrier reported over one million passengers to and from Varna airport for one year from opening its base in the seaside.
The investment in the base amounted to over $ 100 million and led to the opening of more than 40 jobs, the Hungarian airline said.
Currently, the Wizz Air network in Varna includes 9 routes to 8 countries with 29 weekly flights. The newest service, opened in April 2018, is direct flights to Vienna.
For this year there are over 460 000 sales of seats to and from Varna, which is nearly 40% growth compared to 2017.
The growth of Wizz Air is also an increase for the economy of Varna, because the number of tourists in the city is increasing, which leads to higher occupancy of the hotels, restaurants and cultural events, according to the company.
- » Ski Legend Mario Matt Opens The Ski Season in Bansko
- » 2.4 Million Bulgarians are Considering a Tourist Trip or Vacation during the Holidays
- » The Burgas - Istanbul Cruise Starts from July 1 Next Year
- » Tourists Will Pay a Tax for a Hotel Stay in Turkey
- » 4 not so Popular Ski Runs in Bulgaria
- » Wizz Air Recognized as the Best Low Cost Airline in Bulgaria and the Most Preferred Passenger Choice for the Third Consecutive Year