The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
We expect this summer to have growth o about 5% compared to last year's visits in June-September and foreign tourists to more than 5.5 million. In the summer of 2017 total foreign tourists reached 5.3 million, and then recorded an increase of 5.7%. If our forecasts come true, this will be the third consecutive year of growth and will include us in one of the most sustainable summer tourism destinations.
This was announced by Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova after the meeting of the National Tourism Council in the resort. "St. St. Konstantin and Elena ", the press office of the Ministry of Tourism informs.
The minister also announced that she intends to introduce order in the tourist associations, by removing those who have not submitted a declaration describing the type of the organization, the object of activity and its members. The Minister informed that the main focus of the Annual National Tourism Promotion Program 2019 will be the development of marketing and communication campaigns related to key target markets. Among them are Germany, Russia, Great Britain, Poland, Greece, Romania, Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Italy, Austria, France, China, the United States, Japan, South Korea, India and the Middle East.
The National Advertising Program is approved a year earlier, before the start of its implementation, the minister explained. And she explained that this is done in order to achieve a sustainable development of the sector, which is also evidenced by statistics on tourist visits. With concrete steps, we are moving towards achieving the main goal of the Ministry of Tourism, namely the transformation of Bulgaria into a year-round tourist destination, she added.
In connection with the control of the resorts, Minister Angelkova was categorical that during the whole summer season will be extremely strong. In response to a journalistic question about the illegal institutions in Shkorpilovtsi, she explained that the Ministry had sent a letter to the Mayor of Dolni Chiflik to issue an order for the removal of illegal sites. "The Ministry of Tourism has no authority to remove facilities that operate illegally. We send letters to the competent authorities, in this case the mayor who must issue such an order. We are going to find out what is happening with them through the Mayor of Dolni Chiflik, "said Minister Angelkova. And he added that for the last three years, the number of unprotected beaches has been reduced from 136 in 2015 to 86, plus the three beaches for green tourism.
- » EasyJet flights from Southend, UK to Sofia,Bulgaria Take off
- » Ski Season in Chepelare Opens on Saturday, Says Mayor
- » Minister Angelkova: We have to Continue Investing in Tourist Infrastructure in Bulgaria
- » New Ski Season Opens in Bulgaria’s Bansko Mountain Resort
- » European Tour Properties Adds Bulgaria’s Pirin Golf & Country Club
- » CNN Travel: Plovdiv is One of the Most Fascinating Places in Europe