The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
According to mid-term forecasts by the end of July, we can not expect temperatures above 34-35 degrees, nor a particular change in weather, which is more typical for autumn than for summer.
July 19 was one of the coldest days this summer, in Sofia it was windy and with low clouds - a typical autumn atmosphere. Medium-term models show that this circulation over Eastern Europe and the Balkans will continue in the next 10 days.
Warming is expected over the weekend. It will be mostly sunny, except for the extreme eastern and northeast regions. Temperatures will rise from 27 to 34 degrees. On Saturday, it is possible to have more clouds over the northeastern regions and even pass, but for a short while.
A more serious worsening of the weather is expected early next week. On Monday in the late afternoon and mainly during the night on Tuesday weather over the country will worsen, almost all areas will have precipitation, which will continue on Tuesday evening and partly on Wednesday. This will be due to a low pressure center, which will be positioned south of Bulgaria. Daily temperatures will also be reduced, mainly in Western Bulgaria people will feel cooling, while in the lowlands of Southern Bulgaria will still be cool, but the temperatures will be typically summer. Then there will be more rainfall, thunderstorms are also possible. Precipitation on Tuesday may be more intense.
On Thursday and Friday, almost the end of next week in the afternoon will preserve the probability of thunder activity in various regions of the country, mainly in the mountainous part.
Wet weather is expected to last until the end of July and early August.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C