A Weak Earthquake in Southwestern Bulgaria
An earthquake of magnitude 3 on the Richter scale was registered in Rila, minutes before midnight. The quake was 11 km northwest of Belitsa, 32 km from Blagoevgrad and 74 km from Sofia. The depth was 10 kilometers.
There is no evidence of injured people and material damage.
In Blagoevgrad, two more earthquakes with magnitude 2.6 and 2.1 were registered several hours before, the Seismological Center of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences reported.
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C