BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
BGN 20 million is the cost of street lighting in Sofia for this year, Deputy Mayor Evgeni Krusev announced during a check on street lighting on Simeonovsko Shose - from the section of GM "Blvd. Dimitrov " to 21st Century street, according to BGNews.
The municipality spends BGN 8 million for replacement and new lighting, the electricity consumption is over BGN 7 million and the rest are fees paid to the maintenance companies.
"Since the beginning of the year, around 100 dangerous light poles have been replaced. There are also 1000 light fixtures with new LEDs, and our goal is to save about 290-300 thousand megawatt hours of energy this year. This means saving about 70 000 leva per year, which we can invest in building street lighting where there isn't one, "Krusev stressed.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General