BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
BGN 20 million is the cost of street lighting in Sofia for this year, Deputy Mayor Evgeni Krusev announced during a check on street lighting on Simeonovsko Shose - from the section of GM "Blvd. Dimitrov " to 21st Century street, according to BGNews.
The municipality spends BGN 8 million for replacement and new lighting, the electricity consumption is over BGN 7 million and the rest are fees paid to the maintenance companies.
"Since the beginning of the year, around 100 dangerous light poles have been replaced. There are also 1000 light fixtures with new LEDs, and our goal is to save about 290-300 thousand megawatt hours of energy this year. This means saving about 70 000 leva per year, which we can invest in building street lighting where there isn't one, "Krusev stressed.
- » Bulgarian Security Agency will have Access to Student Data to Monitor Radicalization
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe