Bulgarian Parliament Voted for Two New Naval Vessels
Today, Parliament will discuss the updated project to acquire two multi-purpose modular patrol vessels for the Navy. The previous project failed after in December the only company that filed documents and won the bid for two ships changed its mind and got out of the deal.
"The aim of the project is to acquire two multi-purpose modular patrol vessels capable of engaging in a wide range of NATO and EU maritime operations to replace part of the Russian-made vessels that are not subject to modernization available in the Navy," the government announced at the reception of the decision.
The investment project's update is at the maximum estimated cost. It has risen since December with BGN 164 million to BGN 984 million with VAT. The difference from the project adopted in 2016 by the National Assembly is allocated for payment in 2025 and 2026. The reason for the appreciation and the failure of the previous project is a change in the VAT Act, which came into force in January 2017.
- » Bulgaria Set to Participate in NATO Mission Iraq
- » Bulgaria to Repair T 72 Main Battle Tanks
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Restraint During Procedure for Purchase of Military Aircraft
- » America’s Obesity is Threatening National Security, According to Study
- » US, China Look on as Putin Seeks India Arms Deals
- » Bm: SAAB Gripen Played its Trump Card for the Deal of New Bulgarian Fighter Jets