There is going to be a Children's Aqua Park in Sofia
Aquapark and indoor swimming pool with mineral water will be made by the municipal company Sofiiski Imoti in Vazrazhdane Park. The complex will be part of the last stage in the construction of the park. The optimistic deadline for completing it is the end of next year.
At its next meeting, the Sofia City Council will vote in favor of Sofiyski Imoti to invest up to BGN 9.5 million in the completion of the park. Of these, 5.5 million leva are own funds - mainly from the sale of real estate. The rest should be a loan from the Urban Environment Fund under the Regions for Growth Program. This was announced by the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova and the chairman of the municipal council Elena Gerdjikov.
An application for a project contractor is pending. Work is expected to begin in early in the spring.
It will cover a property of 25 acres. Around 18 acres of the new territory will be a park area with a wide open space, alleys, recreation areas.
The aqua park will extend to 6.6 acres and will have 500 people capacity. The pools will have mineral water and will be mainly for children. Water attractions will also be visitor-oriented for people under 16 years. The purpose of the complex is to attract mainly families.
In addition to the outdoor pools, there will also be a spa area as well as an indoor underground pool. It will be 25 to 15 meters in size and 6 corridors. It can also be used for workouts.
The planned extension of the park "Vazrazhdane" should be 80 decares in total. This is the first new park in Sofia in years. There is also a sports complex in it.
"I still want to keep the park running from Sofiyski Imoti and remain municipal, and I hope this will be taken into account when it comes to deciding who to manage it," Fandakova said. According to Gerdjikov, the sad fame of Sofiiski Imoti is over and it is now properly managed.
- » National Statistical Institute: Household Income in Bulgaria Increased in 2018
- » Border Police: Heavy Traffic of Trucks Exiting Bulgaria at Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Danube Bridge – Ruse Checkpoints
- » Election Authority to Appeal Against Court Ruling on Voting Machine Introduction in Bulgaria
- » Statistics: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Decreases in 2018
- » Prices of Living in Bulgaria Grew by 0.7% in July
- » Over 280 kg of Unfit Food has been Seized During Black Sea Check-ups