Elon Musk Apologises to Thai Cave Diver for Twitter Attack
ech entrepreneur Elon Musk has apologised to a British cave diver he called "pedo guy" in a row over the cave rescue in Thailand.
He said he had "spoken in anger" after Vern Unsworth ridiculed a mini-submarine he had commissioned for the rescue effort as a "PR stunt".
"His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologise," Mr Musk said.
Mr Unsworth told reporters on Monday he was considering legal action.
Twelve boys and their football coach were rescued from deep within a cave earlier this month after being trapped for more than two weeks.
Mr Unsworth's knowledge of the cave complex is said to have played a key role in the rescue effort.
He travelled into the caves in the first days after the boys went missing and helped bring in top international cave rescue experts for the mission.
Mr Musk, head of the SpaceX and Tesla companies, visited the command centre in Thailand during the rescue, announcing he had left the rescuers a mini-submarine.
- » Greek Lawmakers to Vote on Macedonia Name Change
- » US Supreme Court Allows Trump Military Transgender Ban
- » Four Мales Аccused of Planning to Bomb Muslim Community in Upstate New York
- » Greek Opponents Of Macedonia Name Deal Call For Protests Starting Thursday
- » EU Fines Mastercard EUR 570 Million in Anti-trust Action
- » Murders in Mexico Rise by a Third in 2018 to New Record