GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
Sofia. I am convinced that the Trio of Bulgaria, Austria and Romania will continue the key priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency, such as the Western Balkans, Chair of the Committee on Internal Security and Public Order Tsvetan Tsvetanov said during a round table on the achievements in the field of internal affairs during the Bulgarian EU Presidency, Focus News Agency reports. “We have managed to achieve a very good result, to have a full political consensus and to adopt procedural rules that enabled the parliamentary scrutiny group to exercise control over Europol,” Tsvetanov said.
“I would like to congratulate Minister Radev on the successful presidency and the important dossiers that discussed the interoperability of information systems, the improvements that were made in some of the systems,” Tsvetanov said, adding that the Schengen information system will now have broader control.
“I want to share here that several dossiers were on the subject of asylum. I also want to thank the human trafficking commission, because when we talk about migratory flows, illegal migration, we can’t avoid talking about trafficking in human beings. Our country was in a very unfavourable situation. With the actions taken by the Bulgarian institutions, together with the legislature, we were able to elaborate provisions that would contribute to improving the work,” Tsvetanov said. “There are still shortcomings, but I am convinced that in dialogue with all the institutions and civil society we will be able to cope and improve our results,” Tsvetanov said.
- » Bulgaria Want EUR 80 Million from the EC to Protect the Border
- » MEP Eva Maydell: From 2019, the Euro Translation Fees will be Reduced Ten Times
- » Parliament Will Close the Ministry for the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council
- » Council of Europe Anti-Torture Committee Visits Bulgaria to Assess the Situation of Foreign Nationals Detained Under Aliens Legislation
- » EU Ambassadors Greet Lilyana Pavlova For Successful Work of Bulgaria-Estonia-Austria Trio Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The EC Fines us, but it Would be a Treachery to Sell our Gas Pipes