Private Plane Flew from Sofia Airport without Passing a Border Check
An aircraft flew from Sofia Airport to Greece without passing a border check on Friday.
The reason - the ground operator did not notify the border police officers about the flight. The plane was private, and a total of five people traveled.
It left from Gabrovo, landed in Sofia and flew to Thessaloniki.
The plane had over 1 hour stay in the capital. Meanwhile, the passengers stood at an airport premise.
Border police officers understood what had happened only after the plane flew to Greece. They contacted the police there and warned them to check incoming passengers.
According to Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Mladen Marinov, there was "nothing alarming" on the plane and it is a simple human error by the ground operator.
Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » Election Authority to Appeal Against Court Ruling on Voting Machine Introduction in Bulgaria
- » Statistics: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Decreases in 2018
- » Prices of Living in Bulgaria Grew by 0.7% in July
- » Over 280 kg of Unfit Food has been Seized During Black Sea Check-ups
- » Urban Mobility: Teams are Working to Expand the Green Zone in Sofia
- » Burgas Governor: No Threat to Environment or Beach Visitors after Fuel Oil Leak from Sunken Ship near Sozopol