Private Plane Flew from Sofia Airport without Passing a Border Check
An aircraft flew from Sofia Airport to Greece without passing a border check on Friday.
The reason - the ground operator did not notify the border police officers about the flight. The plane was private, and a total of five people traveled.
It left from Gabrovo, landed in Sofia and flew to Thessaloniki.
The plane had over 1 hour stay in the capital. Meanwhile, the passengers stood at an airport premise.
Border police officers understood what had happened only after the plane flew to Greece. They contacted the police there and warned them to check incoming passengers.
According to Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Mladen Marinov, there was "nothing alarming" on the plane and it is a simple human error by the ground operator.
Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » Bulgaria's Varna Opens Tender For Supply of Vehicle Repatriation Trucks
- » The Organization of Placido Domingo with a Plan to Save the Monument of Buzludzha
- » Gabrovo Ordered New Buses for BGN 1.3 Million
- » New Border Crossing Point between Romania and Bulgaria
- » Sofia Signs EUR 42.5 Million Deal for Public Transport e-ticketing System
- » The Tripartite Council Will Discuss Today the Minimum Wage in Bulgaria for 2019