Private Plane Flew from Sofia Airport without Passing a Border Check
An aircraft flew from Sofia Airport to Greece without passing a border check on Friday.
The reason - the ground operator did not notify the border police officers about the flight. The plane was private, and a total of five people traveled.
It left from Gabrovo, landed in Sofia and flew to Thessaloniki.
The plane had over 1 hour stay in the capital. Meanwhile, the passengers stood at an airport premise.
Border police officers understood what had happened only after the plane flew to Greece. They contacted the police there and warned them to check incoming passengers.
According to Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Mladen Marinov, there was "nothing alarming" on the plane and it is a simple human error by the ground operator.
Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September