Soon in Sofia: Home Repair? Just over the Weekend and after Asking Permission from the Neighbors
A new regulation on public order will regulate the noise in Sofia. It is expected that the text will be voted by the Sofia Municipal Council by the end of the month. The Ordinance prohibits noisy construction works from 22:00 in the evening until 8:00 in the morning and from 14:00 until 16:00. Such activities are allowed during the weekend but only in the regulated hours and after permission from the respective mayor of the area.
The same ban is introduced for home repairs, and on weekends they can only be done with the permission of the neighbors. The fine for non-following the hours allowed for construction activities is BGN 100 - 200 for a person and BGN 200 - 400 is a property sanction for a company. Upon disobedience, the amount increases to 200-400 leva. These prohibitions do not concern the repair activities, commissioned and executed by Sofia Municipality such as the boulevards and the subway. The new ordinance, which is to be voted on, also describes the use of fireworks and other pyrotechnics. This can only be done until 22:00. The exception is the New Year when the fireworks are allowed until 01:00.
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September