858 Dams in Bulgaria are in a Need of Repair
858 dams in the country are in a need of repair, of which for emergency repair are at least half. This was announced in the studio of "This Morning" by gen. Kiril Voynov, Chief Director of "Surveillance of the Dam and their Facilities".
He explained that many of them are dry because it is a precaution that they do not have a loaded volume. The areas with the most dangerous dams are Vratsa, Haskovo, Stara Zagora and Plovdiv. In September, there will be a new check to see how many of these dams have been repaired already.
6852 dams have been investigated, but there are some that are currently being established, he explained, adding that there are many dams that nobody knows about.
414 dams need urgent repair and 500 million will be allocated for repair. The expert denied that this money was threatened by illegal use by the company that will implement the project. In his words, the Ministry of Economy is a serious institution and it is not right to make such accusations.
In his words, repairs will begin soon, as things are happening quite quickly. He said they worked in good cooperation with district governors, and about municipalities unwilling to provide their dams to support the state said they would then take full responsibility for their maintenance and funding.
According to him, with this decision, the Ministry of Economy has made the hard task of maintaining the dams and ensuring the safety of the people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend