Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
(RTTNews) - Bulgaria's consumer price inflation accelerated for the second straight month in June, figures from the National Statistical Institute showed Monday.
Inflation rose to 3.2 percent in June from 2.6 percent in May. Consumer prices have been rising since December 2016.
Prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages grew 2.7 percent annually in June and utility costs rose by 4.4 percent. Meanwhile, clothing and footwear prices dropped 1.4 percent.
On a monthly basis, consumer prices edged up 0.1 percent from May, when it gained by 0.3 percent.
The EU measure of inflation, or HICP, increased 3.0 percent annually and by 0.5 percent monthly in June.
- » Bulgaria is Fifth in the EU by GDP Growth in the Second Quarter of the Year
- » Bulgaria's GDP Grew by 3.4% in the Second 3 Months of the Year
- » World Markets Unnerved by Turkey’s Financial Turmoil
- » Rise in Bulgaria's Fibank Share Price Helps SOFIX End in Green
- » Bulgaria's Bank Lending Growth Speeds up
- » Bulgaria's Adamant Capital Partners Plans to Start Operations in Croatia