Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
(RTTNews) - Bulgaria's consumer price inflation accelerated for the second straight month in June, figures from the National Statistical Institute showed Monday.
Inflation rose to 3.2 percent in June from 2.6 percent in May. Consumer prices have been rising since December 2016.
Prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages grew 2.7 percent annually in June and utility costs rose by 4.4 percent. Meanwhile, clothing and footwear prices dropped 1.4 percent.
On a monthly basis, consumer prices edged up 0.1 percent from May, when it gained by 0.3 percent.
The EU measure of inflation, or HICP, increased 3.0 percent annually and by 0.5 percent monthly in June.
- » The World Economic Forum to Begin in Davos Today
- » China's Economy Grew 6.6% in 2018, Slowest Rate in 28 Years
- » Bulgaria's Euro Membership Not Before Mid-2022: EU's Dombrovskis
- » Bulgarian National Bank 2018 Indicators Report
- » 0.0% Monthly Inflation For December 2018, Compared to November 2018
- » Pound Rises After 'Meaningful' Brexit Vote