The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
Depending on the level of pollution, the beaches are categorized as poor, satisfactory, good and excellent. This year, 13 beaches along the native Black Sea coast can boast the international blue flag "eco-certificate". By comparison, they are 519 in Greece.
These are the "White Lagoon", "Albena", "Sunny Day", "Elenite", "Sunny Beach", "Oasis", Dune and the beaches near Nessebar, Vlas, Pomorie and Sozopol.
Contamination, though under the norm, were found in the water near Varna, Kamchia, Byala, Tsarevo and Sinemorets.
Experts clarify that even if pollution levels are around allowable levels, there is no danger to healthy people. Also should not enter the sea after rain for at least 24 hours.
Samples of water are taken every two weeks from nearly 100 Black Sea coasts on a schedule, prepared at the beginning of the season.
- » Total of 250 Semi-wild Mallard Ducks to be Placed in Sofia Water Pools
- » Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 30-35°C
- » Death Toll from Quake that Hit Indonesian Island Passes 430
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 29-34°C
- » NIMH: It will be Sunny Today, with Highs between 28°C and 33°C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Highs between 29°C and 34°C