The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
Depending on the level of pollution, the beaches are categorized as poor, satisfactory, good and excellent. This year, 13 beaches along the native Black Sea coast can boast the international blue flag "eco-certificate". By comparison, they are 519 in Greece.
These are the "White Lagoon", "Albena", "Sunny Day", "Elenite", "Sunny Beach", "Oasis", Dune and the beaches near Nessebar, Vlas, Pomorie and Sozopol.
Contamination, though under the norm, were found in the water near Varna, Kamchia, Byala, Tsarevo and Sinemorets.
Experts clarify that even if pollution levels are around allowable levels, there is no danger to healthy people. Also should not enter the sea after rain for at least 24 hours.
Samples of water are taken every two weeks from nearly 100 Black Sea coasts on a schedule, prepared at the beginning of the season.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires