The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
Depending on the level of pollution, the beaches are categorized as poor, satisfactory, good and excellent. This year, 13 beaches along the native Black Sea coast can boast the international blue flag "eco-certificate". By comparison, they are 519 in Greece.
These are the "White Lagoon", "Albena", "Sunny Day", "Elenite", "Sunny Beach", "Oasis", Dune and the beaches near Nessebar, Vlas, Pomorie and Sozopol.
Contamination, though under the norm, were found in the water near Varna, Kamchia, Byala, Tsarevo and Sinemorets.
Experts clarify that even if pollution levels are around allowable levels, there is no danger to healthy people. Also should not enter the sea after rain for at least 24 hours.
Samples of water are taken every two weeks from nearly 100 Black Sea coasts on a schedule, prepared at the beginning of the season.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C