New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
A new outbreak of bird flu was discovered in Dobrich, this time in a chicken broiler farm located in the village of Miladinovci. Positive results are confirmed after laboratory tests, Agrosina reports.
By an order of the Executive Director of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Dr Damian Iliev is designated a 3-kilometer protection zone, comprising the villages of Miladinovci and Lovchantsi, Dobrich. A 10-kilometer observation zone is also defined.
A compulsory killing of all the affected and contact birds on the holding is to be authorized in a humane manner. Mechanical cleaning and repeated disinfection of poultry premises, equipment, vehicles, and yards and streets in and around the poultry house will then be carried out.
We remind you that at the end of last month, more than one million eggs were pulled out of retail chains due to bird flu. Since the beginning of 2018, 11 outbreaks of avian influenza have been confirmed - 2 in hens and 9 in duck farms.
The Food Safety Agency stresses that withdrawn eggs from the market do not pose a health risk.
- » Availability of Organic Products on the Rise in Bulgaria
- » UAE Ministry Bans Chicken Imports from Bulgaria
- » Researchers Identify Erectile Dysfunction Gene
- » Epidemiologist: Flu Vaccine Underestimated in Bulgaria
- » China Bans Imports of Bulgarian Pigs due to African Swine Fever
- » The MaXIMA Project - Investment in Innovation and Bulgarian Research Potential