Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
The registered trend for decreasing the registered unemployment rate in the country continues in June, and its level is set at 5.7% in the month, the Employment Agency reported.
The DA's administrative statistics reported a decrease of 0.4 percentage points compared to May 2018 and 1.1 percentage points on an annual basis. Registered unemployed amounted to 188,576 at the end of the month, down 5.9% from the previous month and 15.9% from a year earlier. The newly registered persons in June were 21 898, out of which 1 704 were inactive, ie. were neither employed nor students, nor were they looking for a job.
Since the beginning of the year, the employees of the labor offices have activated 31 903 persons, and the whole activation tool of the Employment Agency has been implemented: labor exchanges, meetings and presentations with the graduates organized by the career centers, youth, Roma, labor mediators and others. In addition to the unemployed, the work of the Labor Offices is also targeted at employees, students and retirees, and in June 818 people from these groups were registered as jobseekers.
- » Tsvetka Karayancheva: I Voted For a United, Strong and Stable Europe
- » Two People Died After Plane Crash Near Ihtiman
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Interior: The Election Day Began in a Relaxed Atmosphere
- » There is Enough Place for Another 1 Million People in Sofia. Check out in which Districts
- » May 24 - Day of Bulgarian Culture and Enlightenment
- » Procession and Celebrations for May 24 in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria