Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
The registered trend for decreasing the registered unemployment rate in the country continues in June, and its level is set at 5.7% in the month, the Employment Agency reported.
The DA's administrative statistics reported a decrease of 0.4 percentage points compared to May 2018 and 1.1 percentage points on an annual basis. Registered unemployed amounted to 188,576 at the end of the month, down 5.9% from the previous month and 15.9% from a year earlier. The newly registered persons in June were 21 898, out of which 1 704 were inactive, ie. were neither employed nor students, nor were they looking for a job.
Since the beginning of the year, the employees of the labor offices have activated 31 903 persons, and the whole activation tool of the Employment Agency has been implemented: labor exchanges, meetings and presentations with the graduates organized by the career centers, youth, Roma, labor mediators and others. In addition to the unemployed, the work of the Labor Offices is also targeted at employees, students and retirees, and in June 818 people from these groups were registered as jobseekers.
- » Election Authority to Appeal Against Court Ruling on Voting Machine Introduction in Bulgaria
- » Statistics: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Decreases in 2018
- » Prices of Living in Bulgaria Grew by 0.7% in July
- » Over 280 kg of Unfit Food has been Seized During Black Sea Check-ups
- » Urban Mobility: Teams are Working to Expand the Green Zone in Sofia
- » Burgas Governor: No Threat to Environment or Beach Visitors after Fuel Oil Leak from Sunken Ship near Sozopol