In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
The people who go out into the mountains should watch closely the weather forecast, because there the weather is dynamic and it is changing fast. Tourists must be well equipped, with appropriate shoes, bring enough food and water with them. If there is a thunderstorm, they should begin to descend down, stay away from ponds and remove the metal objects from themselves. This are some of the important advises by Zaprian Horozov of the Mountain Rescue Service. Over the weekend, the SCP teams had to help three tourists.
"It is important for a person who goes to the mountains to be healthy," Horozov says. In his words, if people go in a group, it is good to have a leader. The route you have selected should be explored in advance with the backup options, advises the SCP employee.
People must be well-equipped for the season. In the summer, they must have the appropriate high-heeled shoes to keep the ankles tight, clothed with broad, bright clothing. They must have a hat, sunglasses, have sunscreen, added the rescuer. Going to the mountains, tourists have to carry enough food and water with them, and their phones should be charged.
"It's good to have mountain insurance," said the rescuer. In his words, it is also advisable that they know when they will return. "If they accidentally change the route for some reason, they should find a way to inform their relatives that they will be late because there could be no mobile network in the mountains," Horozov said.
- » Election Authority to Appeal Against Court Ruling on Voting Machine Introduction in Bulgaria
- » Statistics: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Decreases in 2018
- » Prices of Living in Bulgaria Grew by 0.7% in July
- » Over 280 kg of Unfit Food has been Seized During Black Sea Check-ups
- » Urban Mobility: Teams are Working to Expand the Green Zone in Sofia
- » Burgas Governor: No Threat to Environment or Beach Visitors after Fuel Oil Leak from Sunken Ship near Sozopol