New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone
In the browser of the phone we enter sofia.mpass.bg and after a register by email we can buy a ticket for the whole day or for the night transport. The mobile payments are made either by debit or credit card or by the mobile operator, who adds the price of the purchased tickets to the bill at the end of the month.
For now, the service is only available for one of the mobile operators, but at the end of the month, it will be offered by all of them. Processing the purchase takes 45 seconds and the received QR code works as our ticket.
Christian Petrov, Director of the Urban Mobility Center: “With this QR code I can ride on buses, trolleybuses, metro and trams and when a ticket conductor comes, he scans it and sees that my transport document is valid”.
The first thousand tickets bought via the phone are free of charge. Altogether last year, about 430,000 daily cards at a price of 4 BGNwere sold.
- » Tsvetka Karayancheva: I Voted For a United, Strong and Stable Europe
- » Two People Died After Plane Crash Near Ihtiman
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Interior: The Election Day Began in a Relaxed Atmosphere
- » There is Enough Place for Another 1 Million People in Sofia. Check out in which Districts
- » May 24 - Day of Bulgarian Culture and Enlightenment
- » Procession and Celebrations for May 24 in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria