EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
Footage has emerged showing European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker having to be supported by Nato leaders after repeatedly stumbling.
Mr Juncker, 63, was filmed by news agency AP struggling to keep his balance before a gala dinner in Brussels, Belgium.
This is not the first time he has been filmed unsteady on his feet.
The former prime minister of Luxembourg has previously blamed sciatica, which can cause numbness in the legs.
Pictures taken the same night show Mr Juncker being brought into the dinner in a wheelchair.
According to VRT, Dutch Prime Minister Rutte, one of the leaders seen supporting Mr Juncker, told reporters he was unaware of any "serious health problems" but said he was aware the 63-year-old had "had a back problem for a while".
A European Commission spokeswoman said she would not comment on personal health issues.
- » Report: Europeans Do Not Exclude War on the Old Continent
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » The EP: Stronger EU Borders With a New Standing Corps of 10000 Border Guards
- » The EU has finally adopted the Copyright Directive
- » 4 EU Nations to Take in 64 Migrants Rescued at Sea Near Malta
- » States Must Not Allow Their Territory to be Used For Malicious Actions Using New Technologies, Federica Mogherini