A Passenger Plane Crashed near Pretoria
One person was killed‚ the two pilots critically injured and a passenger suffered a double amputation in an airplane crash north of Pretoria late on Tuesday afternoon.
Emer-G-Med Chief Operating Officer Jurgen Kotze said the pilots were being transported to the Netcare Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg.
Paramedics said the plane crash had left at least 20 people injured.
Paramedic Xander Loubser from BestCare Ambulance Service confirmed the crash happened about 1km east of the N4 in Derdepoort and about 8km east of the Wonderboom Airport.
“There are critical patients‚” Loubser said.
ER24 spokesman Russel Meiring said that ER24 paramedics‚ along with several other services‚ were on the scene treating and triaging the injured.
“Initial reports show that approximately 20 people had sustained injuries ranging from minor to critical.
“Paramedics are treating the patients and will thereafter transport them to a nearby hospital for further treatment‚” Meiring said.
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) spokesperson Kabelo Ledwaba said their investigators were on their way to the crash.
- » The Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party was Urgently Admitted to Hospital
- » Man Died in a Fire near Sandanski
- » Turkey High Speed Train Crash: At Least Four Dead in Ankara
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Services: Missing Tourist Died
- » Plane with Bulgarian Politicians Made Emergency Landing in Vienna
- » Second Day 30 Mountain Rescuers Search for a Man Lost in the Balkan Mountain