Sofia is Among the 20 Cities with the Fastest Increase in Prices of Housing in the World
Sofia is ranked 18th among 150 cities in the world with the fastest rise in prices of housing, according to an international report by the consulting company Knight Frank.
The survey shows that the rise of European cities continues - 11 of the cities in the first twenty are in the Old Continent - Rotterdam (14.8%), Edinburgh (12%), Porto (11.7%) and Sofia (11.3%) already join longtime leaders Berlin (14.9%) and Reykjavik (11.8%).
The chart shows that Sofia is one place and 0.1 percentage points ahead of San Francisco, which is 19th with an increase of 11.2%. Among the cities of Central and Eastern Europe is the Hungarian capital Budapest, where residential properties have risen by 14.4% for the year, placing it in 7th place.
Zagreb (25th, + 9.8%), Skopje (39th + 7.2%), Bucharest (40th, + 7.1%), Warsaw (49th, + 6%) .
Leader in the ranking is India's Surat, where homes have risen by 22.3%, followed by Izmir (16.5%) and Hong Kong (15.6%). In more than 30 cities at the bottom of the list, housing is cheaper. Last is Abu Dhabi, where homes have lost 7.2% of their price a year. Before that were Moscow (-6.1%), Turin (-6.6%) and Genoa (-6.7%).
Here are the first 20 cities:
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing
- » British Are Once Again Interested In Buying Bulgarian Properties
- » 100% Increase of Property Prices in Sofia in the Last 15 Years
- » Housing Prices in Sofia Froze, Growth of New Construction Purchases
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria have been Rising at the Slowest Pace in Three Years
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year