Toucan Hatched for the First Time in the Sofia Zoo
An egg of the rare toucan bird hatched for the first time in Bulgaria. The little one hatched in the Sofia zoo and is already making first attempts to fly, the zoo said. It can be seen by visitors at the Birds sector.
This is the tiniest representative of the toucans of the Green Araakar species. The little toucan is another baby born this summer at the Metropolitan Zoo. The collection was completed with two small extremely rare Egyptian vultures, four baby meerkats, antelope and lemur.
At present, the Metropolitan Zoo is undergoing major repairs and expansion of the monkey sector. It provides for the creation of 13 new exhibition areas, which will be located on an area of five to ten times the size of the existing enclosures.
The new outdoor spaces will be richly planted, while preserving as much as possible the existing tree and shrub vegetation. Appropriate additional enrichment and arrangements are provided - climbing facilities, wooden playgrounds, ropes and natural rock massifs that will make the animal environment as close as possible to the natural habitat.
- » Bulgaria Adopts Final Amendments to Film Industry Act
- » Bulgaria elected member of Executive Council of the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- » Poll: 69% of Bulgarians Say New Roads have Made Travelling Easier
- » All Bulgarian Roads are Passable, Nearly 700 Machines were out Clearing the Roads Last Night
- » Sofia with a Record Budget for City Cleanliness in 2019
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education has Launched News for Hearing Impaired People (Video)