Sofia is Now Part of the FAIRMODE Project
Within the framework of a visit by the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova and a delegation of Sofia Municipality to the Joint Research Center JRS, where research is carried out by the European Commission, in the city of Ispra, Italy, Sofia was included in the FAIRMODE project.
Sofia will be the 11th pilot city in the project and will benefit from the expertise of the European Commission's Research Center for Air Quality Management. The project, together with Sofia, includes cities such as Milan, Stockholm, Helsinki, Dublin, which, under the guidance of the JRS Joint Research Center, will work together to improve air quality based on innovative approaches and practices.
Sofia will also take part in JRS City Lab's project through the Vision for Sofia 2030 initiative and in the ENGAGE project to involve civil society and policymaking and conduct them to shape the future of our city.
There are studied possibilities for prototype device deployment of sensors developed by JRS in Sofia. Prototype devices are currently being tested in the Netherlands.
Mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova held a meeting with Bulgarian scientists working at the Joint Research Center. They expressed their willingness to help Sofia.
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia
- » New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone