Electric Shock Scared Sofia Citizens and Over 10 Districts have no Electricity, One Man is Seriously Wounded
An incident with a 110 kV facility, owned by the State Electricity System Operator (ESO), required the shutdown of the Student City substation, the CEZ press center announced.
There is no power supply at present in Studentski Grad, Dragalevtsi, Simeonovo, Vitosha, Cinema center Boyana, Malinova dolina, Zheleznitsa, Bistritsa, Yarema and others.
CEZ Distribution is making efforts to feed electricity to the affected customers in an alternative way within the shortest possible timeframe, says the report.
Minutes later it was reported that a person was injured in an electric shock in Vitosha district, which is the reason for the accident. A loud thunder was heard. The incident happened to a new building and the injured was one of the workers, he is in a very bad condition, NOVA said.
From the Press Center
The SDRC refuted the information about an explosion, and said it was a power strike and a non-criminal incident.
The injured person was taken to a hospital for medical assistance.
- » Dutch Rail Collision Kills 4 Children
- » Three Workers Injured in Elevator Accident at Auto Glass Company in Burgas
- » One Killed and 11 Injured in a Crash between a Train and a Bus in Austria
- » Tragic Incident: 10-year-old Child Died in an Elevator in Kyustendil
- » Pernik: No Injured Passengers in Bus Fire on Lyulin Motorway
- » Several International Students Injured after Brawl at the American University in Blagoevgrad