Boy, 11, finds ‘1,000 year old message’ Written in Runes on Pendant made of Mammoth Bone
Pavel Yakovlev makes ‘great scientific discovery’ near his village in Yakutia.
The fifth grade student discovered the ‘jewellery’ decorated with ancient Turkic runic inscriptions.
The four words are believed to be in the Orkhon-Yenisei type script.
Such writings are normally found in rock art in Yakutia, also known as Sakha Republic, the world’s coldest region and the largest within the Russian Federation.
Academic Ninel Malysheva said: 'Runes rarely occur on such things as talismans and amulets.
‘If it is confirmed that this bone found in Namsky district is genuine, it will be a great scientific discovery for the republic.
‘A comprehensive study is now required involving paleontologists, archaeologists and Turkologists.’
Read more on Siberia Times
- » Bulgaria Will Propose to UNWTO and UNESCO to Create a Global Route of Ancient Civilisations
- » Lost Аncient City was Discovered During Excavations in Greece
- » Massive Ancient Underground City Once Housed 20,000 People
- » Egypt Calls on UK to Return Rosetta Stone
- » Euronews: Statue Found in Bulgaria Could ‘Push Back’ Europe’s Neolithic Era
- » Rare Gold Reliquary Cross Found in Medieval Bulgarian Fortress