Boy, 11, finds ‘1,000 year old message’ Written in Runes on Pendant made of Mammoth Bone
Pavel Yakovlev makes ‘great scientific discovery’ near his village in Yakutia.
The fifth grade student discovered the ‘jewellery’ decorated with ancient Turkic runic inscriptions.
The four words are believed to be in the Orkhon-Yenisei type script.
Such writings are normally found in rock art in Yakutia, also known as Sakha Republic, the world’s coldest region and the largest within the Russian Federation.
Academic Ninel Malysheva said: 'Runes rarely occur on such things as talismans and amulets.
‘If it is confirmed that this bone found in Namsky district is genuine, it will be a great scientific discovery for the republic.
‘A comprehensive study is now required involving paleontologists, archaeologists and Turkologists.’
Read more on Siberia Times
- » Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari: Part of the UNESCO World Heritage List
- » Traces of Ancient Civilization were Found in the UK
- » Mexico Earthquake Leads to Discovery of Ancient Temple
- » A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside
- » Homer Odyssey: Oldest Extract Discovered on Clay Tablet
- » The Thracians Worshiped their Good Healers