Boy, 11, finds ‘1,000 year old message’ Written in Runes on Pendant made of Mammoth Bone
Pavel Yakovlev makes ‘great scientific discovery’ near his village in Yakutia.
The fifth grade student discovered the ‘jewellery’ decorated with ancient Turkic runic inscriptions.
The four words are believed to be in the Orkhon-Yenisei type script.
Such writings are normally found in rock art in Yakutia, also known as Sakha Republic, the world’s coldest region and the largest within the Russian Federation.
Academic Ninel Malysheva said: 'Runes rarely occur on such things as talismans and amulets.
‘If it is confirmed that this bone found in Namsky district is genuine, it will be a great scientific discovery for the republic.
‘A comprehensive study is now required involving paleontologists, archaeologists and Turkologists.’
Read more on Siberia Times
- » Archaeologists Discover Ancient Sphinx in Egypt (Photos)
- » Archaeologists Discovered a Burial of a Child from 1 Millennium BC in Northern Bulgaria
- » Unique Find: Roman Statue Head Found at Excavations near Pleven
- » BGN 60,000 for Further Archaeological Research at Heraclea Sintica
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Archaeologists Find Early Iron Age Burial Site and Two Medieval Tombs from 13th Century
- » A Treasure from the 14th Century was Discovered by Archeologists at the Kaliakra Fortress