Huge Blow for Croatia before the Semi-final with England
The Croatian national team received a very unpleasant news before the extremely important semi-final clash of the World Cup with England on Wednesday at 21:00.
The right-back of our western neighbors, Šime Vrsaljko, will not be available for the clash against England due to a knee injury. He was forcibly replaced in the 97th minute of the quarterfinals battle with Russia and will not recover in time for the next match, informs Sun and Marca.
The coach Zlatko Dalić is likely to move Damagoj Vida on the right back, and veteran Vedran Corluka will play in the center of defense along with Dejan Lovren.
Vrsaljko's absence is a big blow to the Croats because he has played in all games so far and has a total of 39 matches with the national jersey.
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019