Huge Blow for Croatia before the Semi-final with England
The Croatian national team received a very unpleasant news before the extremely important semi-final clash of the World Cup with England on Wednesday at 21:00.
The right-back of our western neighbors, Šime Vrsaljko, will not be available for the clash against England due to a knee injury. He was forcibly replaced in the 97th minute of the quarterfinals battle with Russia and will not recover in time for the next match, informs Sun and Marca.
The coach Zlatko Dalić is likely to move Damagoj Vida on the right back, and veteran Vedran Corluka will play in the center of defense along with Dejan Lovren.
Vrsaljko's absence is a big blow to the Croats because he has played in all games so far and has a total of 39 matches with the national jersey.
- » ALLIANZ TO BECOME WORLDWIDE OLYMPIC INSURANCE PARTNER
- » Kenyan Marathon Master Kipchoge Smashes World Record
- » Bulgaria and Italy End Russian Dominance on Final Day of Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » IOC President Thomas Bach Meets Bulgarian President Rumen Radev During Official Visit to Sofia
- » English Burton Albion Sign Bulgarian Goalkeeper Evtimov on Short-term Deal
- » Bulgaria Preparing Bid to Host 2024 Youth Winter Olympics