Huge Blow for Croatia before the Semi-final with England
The Croatian national team received a very unpleasant news before the extremely important semi-final clash of the World Cup with England on Wednesday at 21:00.
The right-back of our western neighbors, Šime Vrsaljko, will not be available for the clash against England due to a knee injury. He was forcibly replaced in the 97th minute of the quarterfinals battle with Russia and will not recover in time for the next match, informs Sun and Marca.
The coach Zlatko Dalić is likely to move Damagoj Vida on the right back, and veteran Vedran Corluka will play in the center of defense along with Dejan Lovren.
Vrsaljko's absence is a big blow to the Croats because he has played in all games so far and has a total of 39 matches with the national jersey.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing