Ludogorets won the Super Cup of Bulgaria
The champion Ludogorets won the Super Cup of Bulgaria after winning 1:0 over the winner of the Cup of the country Slavia. The match was played at the Trace Arena in Stara Zagora and the only goal scored by the Romanian Claudiu Keseru in the 31st minute after a combination with Marcelinho.
By the end, Ludogorets could only regret that they did not win the game more convincingly, as Slavia's goalkeeper Stergiakis saved attempts by Misidjan, Wanderson and Jakub Schwierchok. At the beginning of the second half, Galin Ivanov of Slavia demanded a penalty, his claims being that Cicinho had fouled him in the penalty area.
It was the first trophy for Ludogorets' new manager, Paulo Autori, who made his official debut.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing