Ludogorets won the Super Cup of Bulgaria
The champion Ludogorets won the Super Cup of Bulgaria after winning 1:0 over the winner of the Cup of the country Slavia. The match was played at the Trace Arena in Stara Zagora and the only goal scored by the Romanian Claudiu Keseru in the 31st minute after a combination with Marcelinho.
By the end, Ludogorets could only regret that they did not win the game more convincingly, as Slavia's goalkeeper Stergiakis saved attempts by Misidjan, Wanderson and Jakub Schwierchok. At the beginning of the second half, Galin Ivanov of Slavia demanded a penalty, his claims being that Cicinho had fouled him in the penalty area.
It was the first trophy for Ludogorets' new manager, Paulo Autori, who made his official debut.
- » Joshua Overpowers Povetkin to Retain World Heavyweight Titles
- » Turkish Fencer Scores Gold Medal in Bulgaria
- » Rough Defeat for Bulgarian Volleyball, but still Hold an 14-12 All-time Advantage over US Men
- » ALLIANZ TO BECOME WORLDWIDE OLYMPIC INSURANCE PARTNER
- » Kenyan Marathon Master Kipchoge Smashes World Record
- » Bulgaria and Italy End Russian Dominance on Final Day of Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships