Over 11% is the Growth in Revenue from International Tourism in Bulgaria
More than 1.1 billion leva are the revenues from international tourism in Bulgaria in the first four months of this year. They grow by nearly 11% compared to January-April a year ago, according to data from the Bulgarian National Bank, quoted by the Ministry of Tourism.
Only in April the revenues from international tourism trips exceed BGN 330 mln, increasing by 11.2% compared to the corresponding month of last year. Foreign tourist visits for the period January-April 2018 are over 1.7 million and increased by 9.3% compared to the corresponding months of 2017, according to NSI data.
The results are extremely good and show a steady trend of increase in the number of tourists and revenues from international trips, said Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova. And added that the results show the effect of efforts to promote Bulgaria to the tourist markets.
The results for incoming tourism for the period January-May are even better, accounting for an increase of 11.1 per cent of foreign travels in Bulgaria. The number of visits for the five months of the year reached 2,436 million. In the top 5 of the countries for incoming tourism in our country remain the neighboring countries, the trend remains from last year. This year, most foreign tourists came from Romania - 427 538. The countries of Western Europe, such as Germany and the UK, as well as the citizens of Israel, Russia and Ukraine, continue to show interest in Bulgaria.
- » European Tour Properties Adds Bulgaria’s Pirin Golf & Country Club
- » CNN Travel: Plovdiv is One of the Most Fascinating Places in Europe
- » Revenue From Tourist Overnights in Bulgaria Increases 11.5% y/y in Oct
- » BDZ Started Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » Ravadinovo Castle Voted Bulgaria’s Tourist Attraction of 2018
- » In 2017, 1.043 billion passengers traveled by air in the European Union