Over 11% is the Growth in Revenue from International Tourism in Bulgaria
More than 1.1 billion leva are the revenues from international tourism in Bulgaria in the first four months of this year. They grow by nearly 11% compared to January-April a year ago, according to data from the Bulgarian National Bank, quoted by the Ministry of Tourism.
Only in April the revenues from international tourism trips exceed BGN 330 mln, increasing by 11.2% compared to the corresponding month of last year. Foreign tourist visits for the period January-April 2018 are over 1.7 million and increased by 9.3% compared to the corresponding months of 2017, according to NSI data.
The results are extremely good and show a steady trend of increase in the number of tourists and revenues from international trips, said Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova. And added that the results show the effect of efforts to promote Bulgaria to the tourist markets.
The results for incoming tourism for the period January-May are even better, accounting for an increase of 11.1 per cent of foreign travels in Bulgaria. The number of visits for the five months of the year reached 2,436 million. In the top 5 of the countries for incoming tourism in our country remain the neighboring countries, the trend remains from last year. This year, most foreign tourists came from Romania - 427 538. The countries of Western Europe, such as Germany and the UK, as well as the citizens of Israel, Russia and Ukraine, continue to show interest in Bulgaria.
- » Alitalia Canceled 95 Flights Due to Strike
- » Predictions of a Decline in Tourists in Bulgarian Summer Resort Albena
- » Almost 12 million Passengers Have Passed Through Bulgarian Airports in 2018
- » Wizz Air - Best Low Cost Airlines For 2018 in the Central and Eastern Europe
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We are Expecting Important Guests in Sunny Beach on May 31st
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging