Bulgaria in Demographic Death: We are below 7 Million
The population of Bulgaria fell below 7 million. This happened exactly at 14:07:03 on 30.06.2018 and was noted in the world's population counter by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
"This is the saddest news of the saddest Petrovden, Bulgaria is in clinical demographic death, it dies!", commented Petar Ivanov, head of the BANI demographic institute, to Trud.
The data changed throughout the day and at 16:00 yesterday it showed that on Friday, 120 babies were born and 193 people died.
"Every day, we reduce by 220 people or 9 people per hour, this reduction being in fact minus 13 ethnic Bulgarians plus 4 Roma (-9 = -13 + 4) and we are the fastest decreasing nation in the world, "Acad. Ivanov said.
Official figures indicate that we first went through 7 million in 1946 - the census of the population then shows that at 31 December 1946 we have 7,029,349 people. In 1985, we have a peak and we are close to 9 million - 8,948,649 people.
- » A Limit of 90 km/h is Introduced on Trakia Highway between Chirpan and Stara Zagora
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints
- » Former Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Government Instability is a Fact, but there is no Serious Alternative
- » New Interior Minister of Bulgaria Promises Continuity
- » Prosecutor General: Bulgaria has Industrial Capacity and Full Mobility of illegal Cigarette Production