New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
The Sofia zoo welcomes new exotic animal - the Bactrian Camel Lemmy. The animal comes to Sofia from the Hungarian Zoo "Vesprom" through the international zoo exchange. In our country, Lemmy will live in a mixed habitat with the Pesho camel and a Cameroon mini goat herd in 1000 sq.m.
The placement of animals in habitats is a modern way of keeping them in the zoo, which gives them living conditions that are as close as possible to those in their natural habitat. At present there are two mixed habitats at the Zoo in Sofia: the herbivorous animals' exposition, together with rusty kangaroos and patagonian marigolds, and the Waterfowl Lake, which includes birds of varying species of waterfowl - Regular Swan, Mute Swan, Black Swan , swan-like goose, goose whale, pink pelican, mallard duck and others.
The development plans of the Metropolitan Zoo are geared to planning and grouping animals in habitats by geographic areas.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency: Over 30 Tonnes of Food Confiscated in August
- » Sociologist Forecasts Dynamic Political Season in Bulgaria
- » A Limit of 90 km/h is Introduced on Trakia Highway between Chirpan and Stara Zagora
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints
- » Former Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Government Instability is a Fact, but there is no Serious Alternative