PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
Bulgaria has the necessary infrastructure and resources to continue "Turkish stream". This was stated by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, quoted by Interfax.
Bulgaria has almost reached the formula for the organization of transporting gas from Turkey across the country, Prime Minister Borisov told reporters. "Even if there is now a direct pipeline (Russia - Bulgaria), we would not be able to transit because the EU would impose sanctions on us. The EU directive blocks all transit by sea, "he said. "We have to find a solution, a formula for creating a gas distribution network in Bulgaria and we are almost ready with the idea. The only question is in what form will the gas be transported? " Borisov stressed that the country had the necessary resources and infrastructure to increase capacity.
"In Bulgaria we have the necessary infrastructure and we do not need money to increase capacity. All procedures for providing the route are carried out. We have more than 13 billion levs in the fiscal reserve. We are close to making a decision, "the prime minister said. He also reminded that the country has a contract to transport gas through Ukraine by 2030. "Bulgaria is highly interested in creating a gas hub on its territory with geostrategic importance because there are no wars where there are gas pipelines," he concluded.
- » Nearly 80% of the Water in Bulgaria Goes to the Energy Sector
- » Bulgargaz Аnnounces a Competition For the Supply of Gas that is Not From Russia
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: I Hope the Belene NPP Procedure Will Be Successful
- » The Procedure for Choosing a Strategic Investor in Belene NPP Starts
- » Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia and Albania Unite their Electricity Markets
- » Тоday It Will Become Clear Which Are the Candidates For the Construction of TurkSteam on Bulgarian Territory