Easier Access to Professions: Council Adopts New Measures
The Council today adopted a directive that will require EU member states to carry out a proportionality test before establishing new requirements for professions.
The directive will improve transparency in the way certain professions are regulated in the member states. It will ensure that national measures are proportionate, and that they do not unduly restrict access to professional activities or create unjustified burdens in the internal market.
When regulating professions, member states will have to assess whether new or revised rules are justified by public interest objectives.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million