Easier Access to Professions: Council Adopts New Measures
The Council today adopted a directive that will require EU member states to carry out a proportionality test before establishing new requirements for professions.
The directive will improve transparency in the way certain professions are regulated in the member states. It will ensure that national measures are proportionate, and that they do not unduly restrict access to professional activities or create unjustified burdens in the internal market.
When regulating professions, member states will have to assess whether new or revised rules are justified by public interest objectives.
- » EU Summit to Defuse Migrant Tension, Set Brexit Countdown
- » Poland Banned from EU Judicial Body
- » By April 2019, EU Countries must say Whether they Want Summer or Winter Time
- » Hungary Vote Deepens Rift in European Right
- » German MEP Manfred Weber Warns Romania over Jeopardizing Bulgaria’s and Croatia’s and its Own Accession to Schengen
- » EU Must Grasp World Role as U.S. Retreats, Juncker Says