Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
Addiction to video games was officially recognized as a disease by the World Health Organization. It fell into the new version of the WHO International Classification of Diseases. The main symptoms of the disease include disturbed control, the inability to stop playing, exclusion from the surrounding reality, and so on. All of this leads to massive social damage.
The WHO's decision was not unexpected, it was known at least since the beginning of the year. The industry that is connected to video games is clearly opposed. Its main argument is that the WHO does not use a scientific approach.
- » Today is World Tuberculosis Day
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boars in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Lack of Staff is the most Serious Problem in Health Care
- » Increase of Salaries of Healthcare Professionals in Sofia' Emergency Hospital "Pirogov"
- » The Number of Surgeries in Bulgaria is Growing
- » Survey: Almost 1.4 million People in the EU Will Become Cancer Victims in 2019