Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
Addiction to video games was officially recognized as a disease by the World Health Organization. It fell into the new version of the WHO International Classification of Diseases. The main symptoms of the disease include disturbed control, the inability to stop playing, exclusion from the surrounding reality, and so on. All of this leads to massive social damage.
The WHO's decision was not unexpected, it was known at least since the beginning of the year. The industry that is connected to video games is clearly opposed. Its main argument is that the WHO does not use a scientific approach.
- » Amazon’s Next Healthcare Move is Software that Can Mine Medical Records
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry will Create Programme for Hepatitis B and C Prevention and Control
- » Million Birds Affected by Bird Flu in 2018, says Agriculture Minister
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Sets Additional Measures to Prevent and Eradicate Bird Flu
- » Kiril Ananiev: The Modernization of Emergency Aid is a Top Priority in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Signs Contracts For Delivery of 280 New Ambulances