Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
Addiction to video games was officially recognized as a disease by the World Health Organization. It fell into the new version of the WHO International Classification of Diseases. The main symptoms of the disease include disturbed control, the inability to stop playing, exclusion from the surrounding reality, and so on. All of this leads to massive social damage.
The WHO's decision was not unexpected, it was known at least since the beginning of the year. The industry that is connected to video games is clearly opposed. Its main argument is that the WHO does not use a scientific approach.
- » West Nile Fever Claims First Victim in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv: Latest Bird Flu Case Affects 43,000 Laying Hens in a Farm in Trilistnik
- » Weekly Clinical Examinations in Bulgarian Pig Farms Continue
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Several Models of Change in the Healthcare System are Being Discussed
- » World Health Organisation: Rising European Life Expectancy Undermined by Obesity
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet Approved BGN 6 Million for a Scientific Health Program