More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
More than half of Bulgarian doctors are over 55 years of age and only one in four is under 45. This is the data of the National Statistical Institute, announced today.
The medical professionals are just over 3000 people, Dnevnik reports. Most are general practitioners - 15%, followed by anesthetists - 5.3%, and surgeons - 5%, pediatricians - 4.9%, gynecologists - 4.8%.
At the end of 2017, a total of 42.7 physicians account for 10,000 people. For dentists, the ratio is 11.9 per 10 000. Most doctors are in the districts where there are medical universities and university hospitals - Pleven (59.7 per 10 000 of the population), Plovdiv (51.4), Sofia - town ( 51.0), Varna (49.8) and Stara Zagora (43.4).
The lowest is the indicator for the districts Kardzhali (26.4), Dobrich (27.2) and Pernik (27.3).
- » NEW CASES OF MEASLES: Infected Are Now 31
- » Emergency Measures Against the Spread of Measles in Sofia
- » Free Vaccination Against Measles Begins in Sofia
- » 15 Are the Laboratory Confirmed Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria