Prime Minister Borisov has Refused to Meet with the Macedonian President, who is in Sofia
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has refused to meet with Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov, scheduled for tomorrow morning. This was confirmed by FOCUS News Agency by the government information service. Meetings with the Macedonian president will not be held by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva.
Zaharieva informed President Radev about the refusal to meet Ivanov. The reason for the refusal is the behavior of Gjorge Ivanov yesterday regarding the agreement reached on the name in the dispute between Greece and Macedonia.
Yesterday, the meeting between Macedonian President, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov lasted only 2 minutes. After the meeting in a harsh address to the nation, Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov was categorical that he would not back the deal and called it a bad one. According to Ivanov, everything that is holy about Macedonia is overwhelmed, and the EU and NATO can not be an alibi for the bad deal.
"We do not want to interfere with the internal affairs of our neighboring state, and our position is clear." The Bulgarian government sees no point in being used in the domestic political debates in Skopje The key to the future development of our neighboring state is integration into the EU and NATO and it should not be questioned, "Prime Minister Borisov said.
Macedonian President arrives today on a visit to the country at the invitation of President Rumen Radev. They will hold a four-eye meeting and later today will hold a joint press conference.
- » Relations Between the United States and Iran are Central Subject During NATO Summit in Brussels
- » Tsvetka Karayancheva: There is Great Potential For Deepening the Bulgarian-Russian Relations in the Field of Energy
- » The Second Economic Forum with the Participation of Boyko Borisov and Zoran Zaev Started in Plovdiv (Updated)
- » Boyko Borissov and Zoran Zaev Will Meet in Plovdiv
- » A Bulgarian Parliamentary Delegation is Visiting Moscow
- » Mongolia-Bulgaria Intergovernmental Commission Meeting Kicks off