The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
The owner of a large Bulgarian dairy company was arrested for tax fraud worth at least BGN 900,000. According to unofficial information from the investigators arrested is the owner of "Elena" Stefan Vasilev.
The Special Prosecutor's Office announced that there has been request for blocking of his accounts.
"In the last two and a half years, this producer has made a turnover of more than 50 million leva and has paid tax liabilities amounting to BGN 47 000", said the spokesperson of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office Daniela Nacheva.
The accusation shows that taxes are hidden by an organized criminal group led by Stefan Vasilev. The group has created a number of "hollow" companies, which has been evading value added tax (VAT).
Besides Vasilev, two more people are charged for participation in the group, one being free after paying 50,000 leva guarantee. The illegal operation took place on the territory of Rousse, Targovishte, Veliko Tarnovo, Pazardzhik.
21 properties were searched, including 14 accounting houses. Investigators say that the search for a house in Bistritsa district in Sofia has revealed the schemes that will help them prove the crimes in court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater