The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
The owner of a large Bulgarian dairy company was arrested for tax fraud worth at least BGN 900,000. According to unofficial information from the investigators arrested is the owner of "Elena" Stefan Vasilev.
The Special Prosecutor's Office announced that there has been request for blocking of his accounts.
"In the last two and a half years, this producer has made a turnover of more than 50 million leva and has paid tax liabilities amounting to BGN 47 000", said the spokesperson of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office Daniela Nacheva.
The accusation shows that taxes are hidden by an organized criminal group led by Stefan Vasilev. The group has created a number of "hollow" companies, which has been evading value added tax (VAT).
Besides Vasilev, two more people are charged for participation in the group, one being free after paying 50,000 leva guarantee. The illegal operation took place on the territory of Rousse, Targovishte, Veliko Tarnovo, Pazardzhik.
21 properties were searched, including 14 accounting houses. Investigators say that the search for a house in Bistritsa district in Sofia has revealed the schemes that will help them prove the crimes in court.
- » Police Officers Discovered Modern Marihuana Greenhouse in Sofia
- » Thieves from Northwestern Bulgaria Stole over 170kg of Jelly Candies and Lollipops
- » Bulgarian Cable TV Owners Evade Taxes on Large Scale
- » 140 of the Upper Echelons - Ministers, Deputies, Mayors, Investigated for Corruption
- » Robbers Have Beaten an Old Man in his Home in order to Steal 130 Leva from him
- » Over 10 Kilograms of Drugs Were Seized by Specialists from the SDVR