6000 Liters of illegally Transported Alcohol on the Danube Bridge 2
Officials at Customs Lom detained 6,000 liters of ethyl alcohol traveling with fake documents to an EU country.
On 08.06.2018 around 03.30 hours a mobile team at Customs Lom, working in the area of Danube Bridge 2, stopped for inspection a truck with Bulgarian registration. According to the documents, the truck carried different goods to an EU country. When checking the documents, the inspectors found that one of the cargoes was declared as a medical tincture - indigo carmine used for kidney research. The inspectors were impressed by the huge amount of liquid loaded in 6 PVC cubes with a capacity of 1000 liters, as well as the sender company.
Upon opening one of the cubes, employees found that the liquid was blue in color, with the characteristic smell and physical characteristics of ethyl alcohol. The measured densitometer measured 96.3 alcohol degrees.
Laboratory analysis samples were taken. The consignment was kept in a warehouse at Customs Lom. Work on the case continues.
- » Cologne Hostage Taker ‘Under Control,’ One Woman Slightly Injured
- » Journalist Viktoria Marinova's Murder Suspect Partially Admits Guilt
- » AFP: Germany to Extradite Suspect in Bulgarian Journalist Killing 'Soon'
- » Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped in Tanzania
- » Seven People were Detained in Attempt to Sell Unique Gold Artifacts Found in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison in the Czech Republic after Threats to Pakistan About Terrorist Attacks