The European Commission Opens Competition for a €10 Million Prize for Low-cost Space Launch
The prize, run as part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot funded under Horizon 2020, the EU’s research and innovation programme, will award €10 million to an innovative, commercially viable and low-cost solution to launch light satellites. It will contribute to the objectives of the Commission’s Space Strategy for Europe, which aims at reinforcing Europe's autonomy in accessing space and at encouraging the development of the space market. Space technology, data and services have become indispensable in the daily lives of Europeans and for Europe to pursue its strategic interests. The deadline for application is 1 June 2021 to give participants time to develop their model.
Introduced under Horizon 2020, the European Innovation Council pilot supports top-class innovators, entrepreneurs, small companies and scientists with bright ideas and the ambition to scale up.
- » EU - African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries Future Partnership: Council Adopts Negotiating Mandate
- » VAT Fraud: Agreement on Measures to Boost Administrative Cooperation
- » VAT Minimum Standard Rate Set Permanently at 15%
- » VAT Fraud: EU Approves Cooperation Agreement with Norway
- » Eurogroup Statement on Greece of 22 June 2018
- » Leave and Flexible Work for Parents and Carers: Council Agrees General Approach on the Draft Directive on Work-life Balance