The European Commission Opens Competition for a €10 Million Prize for Low-cost Space Launch
The prize, run as part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot funded under Horizon 2020, the EU’s research and innovation programme, will award €10 million to an innovative, commercially viable and low-cost solution to launch light satellites. It will contribute to the objectives of the Commission’s Space Strategy for Europe, which aims at reinforcing Europe's autonomy in accessing space and at encouraging the development of the space market. Space technology, data and services have become indispensable in the daily lives of Europeans and for Europe to pursue its strategic interests. The deadline for application is 1 June 2021 to give participants time to develop their model.
Introduced under Horizon 2020, the European Innovation Council pilot supports top-class innovators, entrepreneurs, small companies and scientists with bright ideas and the ambition to scale up.
- » EU Leaders Rebuff May's Plea over Brexit Deal
- » May Seeks Brexit Help at Brussels Summit
- » Consumption Per Capita Varied Between 54% and 132% of the EU Average
- » The European Parliament will Continue its Work Despite the Strasbourg Attack
- » May Tours Europe in Desperate Bid to Save Brexit Deal
- » European Socialists Re-elected the Former Bulgarian PM Stanishev as PES President