The European Commission Opens Competition for a €10 Million Prize for Low-cost Space Launch
The prize, run as part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot funded under Horizon 2020, the EU’s research and innovation programme, will award €10 million to an innovative, commercially viable and low-cost solution to launch light satellites. It will contribute to the objectives of the Commission’s Space Strategy for Europe, which aims at reinforcing Europe's autonomy in accessing space and at encouraging the development of the space market. Space technology, data and services have become indispensable in the daily lives of Europeans and for Europe to pursue its strategic interests. The deadline for application is 1 June 2021 to give participants time to develop their model.
Introduced under Horizon 2020, the European Innovation Council pilot supports top-class innovators, entrepreneurs, small companies and scientists with bright ideas and the ambition to scale up.
- » The EU has Reached a Preliminary Agreement on the Defense Budget until 2027
- » MEPs Demand an End to the Change of Time in 2020
- » 100 Days Before European Elections
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: The Western Balkans' EU-integration is an Irreversible Process
- » Europe’s Transport Future Was Discussed in the EP
- » Poland Has Exported 2700 Kilograms of Suspicious Beef to European Countries